Scholarship Award – Award amounts range between $500 and $1000.
Student(s) must be a resident of Charlotte, NC, and accepted to pursue a course of study in an accredited college or university. Students already enrolled in an accredited university and are within the four year undergraduate program (4 years after high school) will also be considered.
Student(s) must be of Caribbean decent or students who have made significant contribution through charitable work or otherwise to the Caribbean.
Student(s) must demonstrate good academics and good citizenship skills.
Students(s) must demonstrate strong school and community involvement or work experience.
This scholarship is a One-time award, and payable ONLY to the institution the student will attend.
Please complete the attached application and include the following information
- A list of activities, honors and awards
- A list of community service
- A copy of your acceptance letter from the institution you plan to attend or submit evidence of your enrollment
- A copy of your most recent transcript, including ACT or SAT scores
- A letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, school administrator or a community leader
- A photograph
- Please submit all information to the following address by May 15, 2017 for Fall recipients and August 1st for Spring recipients: JACA | P.O. Box 78917 | Charlotte, NC 28271
- If you should have any questions please contact Gaynor Russell at (704) 905-3608. Students will be contacted by telephone and US mail, preference will be given to recent high school graduates
Download a copy of the Scholarship Application